Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WEEK TEN

Being on the road can be tough. Living on the road is a killer. I am spending way too much time with work and not near enough time with my blog. That might make the few that reads this happy but it is wearing me out.

Well, I took in the Aquilla/Abbott game. It was a hard fought game. Aquilla led 18-0 at the half. Abbott came out the second half and made a game of it. In fact Abbott scored with 7:42 left in the game to pull with in one point 25-24. Aquilla would answer with 5:39 left in the game to go up 31-24. That would be the final score. Things were a little chippy between the teams almost the entire game. One young man was ejected from the contest which is always unfortunate. I think I am safe in saying these schools respect each other, but don't necessarily like each other.

I love Six-Man because it is a great sport. Now that I have have dedicated it as my sport of choice, I have made lots of friends in the circle of Six-Man communities so where ever I chose to go I can not only watch the sport I love I can visit with friends. The Aquilla/Abbott game allowed me to meet up with friends as well as making new friends. This week I met Peter from Waco. Super nice guy and very knowledgeable about the sport I love. He already has hotel reservations in Abilene for the State games December 10th. My kind of guy. I really thought about making him a member of the Certifiable Six-Man Nut club but didn't. He certainly qualifies. Met a couple of other guys from Whitney. They were "crowded field" fans but showed promise. Definitely not ready for the club yet.

Looking at other WEEK NINE games of interest, who saw the pounding coming that Rankin put on Garden City. I was looking for a Red Devil victory but not a 60-12 whipping. It has been an unique season for the Bearkats of Garden City.

Number one and number two seeds for the third season will ALL fall in place this week. Season one was all the games played before district. We plays these because we don't have enough teams to play all district games. Bummer! District games are played to get rid of the terrible teams and give two schools the opportunity to "represent" their respective districts. Then it in tourney time, playoffs to all others. Win or go home. Four teams will play December 10th in ABILENE. All four will go home that day. Two as State Champions, two as State Finalist. Going home as Champions is desired.

To those teams that make the playoffs, GOOD FOOTBALL TO YOU.


Ready to rank? Here we go. Last one for the season from me. Playoffs will make the real final decision over the next few weeks. It has been a great season but now the fun begins with the playoffs after the final week of district games.



DIVISION 1

Ira
Water Valley
Throckmorton
Aquilla
Borden County
Rankin
Sands
Petersburg
Fort Davis
Aspermont


DIVISION 2
Richland Springs
Jonesboro
Sterling City
Newcastle
Motley County
Miami
Milford
Amherst
Grandfalls Royalty
Loraine

No comments: