Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let's be friends!!!

Know your audience, let the audience know you. You know my name, Don Hardin. You know I live in Abilene, TX and you know I refer to Abilene as Six-Man Central which I named my first blog after.

You could easily guess that I have a fondness for the sport we call Six-Man football. I have chosen to title my blog on Blogger S.E.E. Six-Man News in honor of Dr, Stephen Edward Ephler who invented Six-Man football.

I was born in Stamford, TX in 1951 on October 5th. Then and to some extent now, Stamford was/is a football town. Both of my parents were hard core football fans. The saying “the nut doesn’t fall far from the tree” would certainly apply with me. My brother played on the last State Championship team that Stamford produced. That added fuel to the fire so to speak.

I played Six-Man my senior year at Lueders-Avoca. I WAS HORRIBLE as a player. That being said, I loved the game then and I LOVE THE GAME NOW 40 PLUS YEARS LATER.

I married my childhood sweetheart and together we raised three children girl, boy, girl. We have been blessed with 5 grandchildren so far along with various grand-dogs. Our children live near San Antonio, near Waco, and in Spearfish, SD.

I have worked four real jobs in my life. 1)Oil and GAS, 2)Telecommunications, 3)HealthCare 4) Insurance. My job now as a field videographer/photographer in the area of insurance is one that I enjoy immensely and allows me to remain close to the wonderful sport of Six-Man.

Six-Man is more than a hobby but less than a job with me. I see games every year usually starting with all-star games, then maybe a scrimmage or so, then pig out in Week ZERO seeing as many as 8 games in three days, then at least a game a week through the State Championships. Now the only real problem I have is I want to go to many games each week being played the same night and sometimes hundreds of miles apart. I usually see public schools rather than private schools. I am gaining an appetite to watch or at least learn about Six-Man teams in other states such as NM, CO, WY, MT, NB, and even Canada.

My dreams are I would like to see several web sites combine into a SUPER SIX-MAN SITE. I would love to see a Six-Man Hall of Fame built in Abilene, I would like to see a ESPN type of network for Six-Man, and I would like to see a Six-Man stadium built in Abilene near the S-M HOF that would play host to the State Championship on a permanent basis.

I thank you for reading and I appreciate your feedback or comments.

Don Hardin
Abilene, Yexas
Six-Man Central

http://lonestarfootball.net

http://sixmancentral.blogspot.com/

@sixmancentral

donhardin1@gmail.com

No comments: