Thursday, October 20, 2011

WEEK EIGHT FINALLY

WEEK EIGHT

I have had hedoublehockeysticks getting stuff done over the last month save for running up and down the highways of Texas making insurance pictures. That is my job!

I was able to find myself to a game on Friday night. It was a good game. No, it was a great game. One that I have had circled on my calendar for quite awhile. Ira vs. ACHS.

When the dust had settled and the stink too, Ira had defeated another great team. When two undefeated teams get together this late in the season, someone is going to have their feelings hurt. Ira defeated ACHS 54-46. The game was in doubt right up to the last minute of play! I suspect that if either team loses again this season it will be a season ending heartbreaker in the playoffs.

Sandwiched in this back week was "Snap Shot" day. Yes, the numbers are in to the UIL. I am totally shocked to say that the number that divides D1 and D2 appears to be going up. I would have bet my last dollar the number would have dropped. Part of the story is some Eleven-Man teams are moving up to the Six-Man ranks. I am not sure how many will actually make the move but three that seem committed are Marfa, Rotan, and Nazareth. Let me be the first to say welcome to the greatest game on the planet!!!!!!


WEEK EIGHT GAMES OF INTEREST
Aquilla at Bynum
Garden City at Fort Davis
Groom at Happy
Jonesboro at Iredell
Cotton Center at Lazbuddie
Lenora at Miami
Newcastle at Strawn
Paint Rock at Panther Creek
Trent at Sterling City
Amherst at Whitharral
Woodson at Moran

SIXMANCENTRAL WEEK EIGHT RANKINGS

DIVISION 1

Ira
Water Valley
Throckmorton
Valley
Borden County
Aquilla
Rankin
Sands
Petersburg
Crowell


Division 2
Richland Springs
Jonesboro
Sterling City
Motley County
Newcastle
Miami
Amherst
Trent
Loraine
Whitharral

No comments: