Sunday, September 9, 2012

WEEK TWO Here we are!

Well WEEK ZERO and WEEK ONE are just like George Washington. They are HISTORY.

Found my way to Hermleigh on Thursday night and Abilene Christian on Friday night. If it were not for the fact one of the grandbabies had a birthday on Saturday I would have gone to a game somewhwere then. For those scoring at home, I have seen 11 games in the first two weeks of the season.

WEEK TWO looks like a great slate of games. Before we dive in let's look backwards for just a moment at last week's game I deemed as GAMES OF INTEREST.

1.) WOW!!!!!! I picked the Milford and Abbott games as the first of 5 games I thought would be entertaining for various reasons. Each team entered the contest with me having them ranked # 4 in their respective Divisions, I and II. I was correct as Milford won a wild one over Abbott by the score of 44-42.

2.) I ranked Newcastle in my preseason TOP TEN in D II. In fact, I had them #3 then # 6 as they faced Abilene Christian. Abilene Christian while not appearing to be as strong as last year's team is no slouch. They defeated Newcastle 62 -20in Abilene. Now I am wondering if the 0-2 Bobcats of Newcastle are a D II Top 10 team or not.

3.) Aquilla should be a good team this year. I almost had them ranked in the D i Top 10 a week ago but I had a question about them. I watched Dallas Covenant go down in defeat to Abbott in WEEK ZERO at Hico. They looked solid in defeat but I had questions about them too.. The match up between Aquilla and Dallas Covenant caught my eye and I felt would help me reason things out in my own mind. It took Covenant all of two quarters to answer the questions in my mind about both teams. Covenant won 46-0.

4.) D I #1 ranked Throckmorton was taking on D II #8 Follett. I usually go with a D I over a D II team just because. The intrigue here for me was you just never know until the game has been played. Case in point is the first game we discussed in this blog. D II takes down D I. When I was a kid and that was when the earth was still cooling down, the general thought pattern was no private school could stay on the field with a public school. That has changed. It has changed a lot. Please refer to the second game we have talked about. It is a long trip from Throckmorton to Follett but no surprise here as Throckmorton clobbers Follett 56-8.

5.) Ranking teams to me is more than a computer that you feed information into. It requires a human touch. My human touch is no match for a super computer I know. Probably not even a match for a broken computer. Meadow is a perennial powerhouse that I don't often pick against. Paducah defeated a, now I am not so sure about but thought was a solid team, Newcastle last week. I picked Meadow by 12 and was intrigued to see how it would go. Meadow 57 Paducah 30. I am still trying to figure out both teams.

Last but not least was a game between Spur and Ropes. A person that I respect said "a team that is going to surprise you is Spur". I figure Ropes will be a playoff team again. Guess what? Spur wins 59-42. Was it an upset? Jury is still out.

The rankings for WEEK TWO had to change with what happened in WEEK ONE.

Here we go with Don Hardin's S.E.E Six-Man News TOP TENs for WEEK TWO.

DI
1. Throckmorton
2. Ira
3. Valley
4. Rankin
5. Meadow
6. Sterling City
7. Oakwood
8. Water Valley
9. Abbott
10. Gordon

D II
1. Richland Springs
2. Jonesboro
3. Milford
4. Motley County
5. Aspermont
6. Grandfalls
7. Jayton
8. Follett
9. Amherst
10.Strawn

The answer is YES! I have SIX Games of Interest for WEEK TWO.
Oakwood at Milford
Dallas Covenant at Throckmorton
Rankin at Throckmorton
Amherst at Motley County
Grandfalls at Fort Davis
Robert Lee at Water Valley

Get you some Six-Man football this week. IT IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for reading.

No comments: