Sunday, September 25, 2011

EXCUSE ME WHILE I VENT. D A N G Dang

I am nearly 60 so one might contribute it to my age. I always played on Defense so perhaps that helps explain it as well. We all have our own personal taste for the game. I detest super high scoring games.

Just in this past week (WEEK FOUR) we had the following scores in Six-Man.
124-108 Fort Davis over Midland Trinity
90-71 Austin Hill Country over Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills
96-84 May over Lometa
90-70 Throckmorton over Dallas Covenant

It has been going on for a while.

WEEK THREE we saw this score.
EP Jesus Chapel 96 EP Immanuel Christian 70

WEEK TWO we had this one.
Orange Community Christian 80 Houston Texas Christian 71

WEEK ONE
Crowell 83 Spur 82
122-120 San Antonio The Winston over San Antonio Town East

WEEK ZERO
San Antonio Castle Hills 109 San Antonio The Winston 105


Ever since the earth was cooling down or as far back in time when I first saw a football game, cheerleaders and fans alike would chant the familiar yell:
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! Well, times have changed.
There is a new yell in town. It goes like this.
D A N G DANG!
We got to score again!
D A N G DANG!
We got to score again!
D A N G DANG!
We got to score AGAIN!

Cheerleading etiquette says this particular cheer cannot or should not be used until both teams have given up 70 points!

Surely I am not the only person that feels this way! I know my good friend Jess Roberts feels this way. He is the head coach at Fort Davis. He was just involved in such a crazy game. This is what he has to say about the subject. “It was not my intention to go for a scoring record. Every time I see a game that the scores is in the hundred I always think holy crap! Where’s the defense?” He goes on to say “I hope God doesn’t strike me down but what’s wrong with out- scoring them? I know that is going to come back to bite me in the long run. We have got to do better on defense.”

Jess, my old friend, you better “git’ er done” soon as Throckmorton is coming to town in a couple of weeks and they just hung 90 on the #2 ranked TAPPS Dallas Covenant Eagles. I suppose the good news is they gave up 70!

TOP TEN’s WEEK FIVE
D1
1. Throckmorton
2. Ira
3. Rankin
4. Borden County
5. Water Valley
6. Valley
7. Sands
8. Crowell
9. Aquilla
10. Abbott

D2
1. Richland Springs
2. Motley County
3. Jonesboro
4. Newcastle
5. Sterling City
6. Calvert
7. Miami
8. Strawn
9. Lefors
10. Amherst


WEEK FIVE GAMES OF INTEREST
Ira @ Rankin
Garden City @ Ropes
Motley County @ Crowell
Lueders-Avoca @ Hermleigh
Bloomberg @ Karnack
Anton @ Lefors

Last week’s games of interest results.

Strawn @ Gordon Gordon 57 Strawn 50
Spur # Knox City Spur won 54-8
Follett @ Motley County Motley County won 41-38
Lazbuddie @ New Home New Home won 62-44
Dallas Covenant @ Throckmorton Throckmorton won 90 to 70
Sands @ Water Valley Water Valley won 58-48
Walnut Springs @ Iredell Walnut Springs won 52-22

It has been a long season and District has not started yet. We are however getting closer. Hang in there and stay healthy if you are and get healthy if you aren’t.

GOOD FOOTBALL TO YOU.

No comments: