Sunday, September 4, 2011

From WEEK ONE to WEEK TWO

After seeing eight games in WEEK ZERO, I weaned myself to just one game for WEEK ONE. Strawn hosted Jonesboro in a close game, a low scoring game, and a tad sloppy at times game. Jonesboro won the contest 29-22. Junior Gerrit Buster picked up the opening kickoff and returned it 54 yards for a touchdown. The play appeared to be an onside kick by Strawn. Regardless, it turned into a touchdown for Jonesboro and that was pretty much the difference in the game. I had Strawn ranked #6 in the state and Jonesboro # 7 going into this game. IF you can go by my poll, it should have been close. A slight upset in Strawn.


Speaking of polls, I am sure you heard the quote from Sarah Palin as I suppose she was referring to politics. The quote went something like this, “Polls are for strippers and cross county skiers”. Sounds like a fun girl. Maybe there will be a Palin Perry ticket.

WEEK ONE games I thought might have been GOTW affairs went like this.

Jonesboro defeated Strawn 29-22

Sterling City defeated Garden City 68-56

Aquilla defeated Calvert 32-22

Ira defeated Knox City 72-48



WEEK TWO potential GOTW honors in advance go to:

Follett vs. Miami

Gustine vs. Cherokee

Ropes vs. Ira

Sterling City vs. Water Valley



Take your pick. I am going to the Sterling City Water Valley game. Mercy!!!!!



Looking back at KEEW ENO did you see the outrageous scores?

SA The Winston 122

SA Town East 120

OR

Crowell 83

Spur 82



Maybe Sarah Palin is right about polls. In D2 I had Richland Springs ranked Number One and Panther Creek ranked # 8 in the state. Richland Springs whipped Panther Creek 70-8!!! Halftime!!!! The question: Is there 62 points difference between #1 and # 8 in the state? There was this time and I think it is for real.

No comments: