Thursday, August 18, 2011

For Crying Out Loud..............

it was just a scrimmage. Drove three hours to Petersburg to watch a four way scrimmage involving Petersburg and Valley and Knox City and Meadow. They're four very good teams.

My belief is Valley looked the sharpest of the four but if you have any of the other three on your schedule you better bring a sack lunch with you because you will need it.

I visited with the coaches afterward and they all said they had lots to work on next week. Coach O'Malley got his players attention more than once with his tender voice directed at their mistakes.

All the coaches had a time or two that they just let the words fly at their guys. Hey, that is what a scrimmage is all about. If there was a coach that seemed to have a bit of hangover heat, it would have been Coach Allison from Meadow. I commented to him that there was some bright spots. He did not particularly respond with "thank you for your kind words". He and I have been friends for several years and I know that look on his face. All the teams have work to do and I am certain that the Meadow team will have the opportunity to do just that.

No comments: