Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday August 12th

What's with the date? Today I am finding my way to Trent, Texas for a 10:00 AM three way scrimmage. Trent, Lueders Avoca, and Paint Creek are the participants. Trent was decent last season. The other two were not. They all three gave it all they had.

My football itch needs a scratch. Tried last night watching a pro game on TV. Sorry pro fans your game doesn't do it for me. Eleven-man in general doesn't do it for me. I know there are lots of folks that don't like Six-Man football. It is kind of like politics, you go with what you like not because it is right but because you like it.

Church and State, Football and Politics............. Separation is best but I can not help but comment on Texas Governor Rick Perry who is supposed to announce soon that he will be in the running for POTUS. Separation is best. Mr. Perry once played the sport I love. That isn't enough for me.

Blaze Herring is back in Six-Man. He left for awhile but he is back now where he is coaching and doubling as Principal at Paint Creek. Maybe one day he will be our Governor. We could do worse. We have done worse. We are doing worse.

Go see some football and thank you Stephen Edward Ephler. One last thing check out the new design over at Lone Star Football Network at lonestarfootball.net.

No comments: